Our commitment to cleaning & disinfecting to safeguard our guest & ambassadors against COVID-19
We have adjusted our daily operations so you can feel confident when entering one of our properties. Our Coast Clean program was developed to ensure that your stay with us is safe, clean and comfortable from the moment you walk in to the time you leave. Our Coast Clean program was developed in partnership with Ecolab and is based on the guidelines set by public health, government, and industry organizations.
Coast Hotels is committed to your safety, health and security during your stay with us. The procedures set within our Coast Clean program ensure that the safety of our guests, as well as our ambassadors, are top of mind, while maintaining high standard of customer service. And while it may be more difficult to see our smile behind a mask or plexi-glass partition, you can expect the warm Coast Hotels welcome and service for which we’re known.
We have developed a comprehensive set of guidelines for our hotels to keep safe in this new environment. Each hotel has designated a Coast Clean Champion, to oversee on-site execution and excellence.
training & procedures
Hotel Ambassadors are regularly updated on best practices and updates to procedures to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
enhanced cleaning protocols
Increased cleaning and sanitizing frequency in public spaces with a focus on high-touch areas. All guest rooms are thoroughly disinfected with hospital grade cleaner.
personal protective equipment
Hotel Ambassadors are using PPE and have been trained on the proper way to apply, handle and dispose of PPE.
practice physical distancing
You will find physical distancing floor decals throughout all common areas of our hotels where there are known to be queues.
Our Coast Clean program addresses all areas in our hotels. Here’s what you can expect to see.
• Enhanced sanitization procedures are in place at the front desk, reception/concierge counters and bell desk
• Plexi partitions have been installed at front desk
• Hotel lobby furniture and dining/breakfast room furniture have been repositioned to follow the physical distancing guidelines
• Frequently touched surfaces including doorknobs, elevator buttons, railings, luggage carts, computers and chairs are disinfected many times throughout the day
• Hand sanitizer is available at the front desk and in or outside all elevator cabs
• Water fountains, ice machines, guest laundry rooms and banquet coffee and water stations will be sanitized with attention to commonly touched surfaces
• The frequency of cleaning in our hotels’ gyms & fitness centres has increased with enhanced and scheduled sanitization protocols in place
• Guests entering hotel swimming pools, whirlpools and spas must follow physical distancing wall signage and/or floor decals
• Meeting rooms are being cleaned regularly with scheduled and documented cleaning procedures
• Public washrooms are being cleaned frequently with enhanced sanitation protocols
guest rooms & housekeeping:
• New tools such as electostatic sprayers are being used on soft surfaces to ensure sanitization
• All high-touch items and surfaces including doorknobs, in-room safes, light switches, thermostats, irons, phones, fridges clocks, televisions and remote controls are receiving extra cleaning and disinfecting
• Single serve bathroom amenities will be offered to guests at checkin
• Some items in our guest rooms have been removed, such as decorative pillows, bed scarves, paper amenities and pens
• Linens & towels are being washed at high temperatures
• All guest rooms will contain two packages of Purell® wipes
• For the safety of our guest and ambassadors safety and well-being, daily housekeeping service on multi-night stays is by request only
• Guests entering hotel restaurants must follow physical distancing wall signage and/or floor decals
• Restaurant furniture has been repositioned to follow the physical distancing guidelines
• Servers are adhering to strict safety procedures while serving all food and beverages, including wearing masks
• All high-touch items and surfaces including glasses, utensils, dishes, fountain soda gun nozzles, liquor pourers are being cleaned and disinfected numerous times throughout the day
• Enhanced sanitization and disinfecting procedures are in place on all surfaces that food contacts is stored including, but not limited to counters, tables, food-prep surfaces, sinks, food storage equipment, beverage stations and bar tabletops
• Restaurant ambassadors are practicing proper hand hygiene between tasks to prevent cross-contamination
• All food contact surfaces that have been disinfected must be thoroughly rinsed with potable water and sanitized using a food contact sanitizer