Hotel Amenities at The Benson
The TripAdvisor 4+ rated service is evident in every area of this Portland landmark hotel, with the best of Northwest food & beverage in our Palm Court Restaurant and Lounge. Even if there’s no time for breakfast, you can start your day off right with complimentary Starbucks® coffee and tea in the hotel lobby. Then let our Les Clefs d’Or Concierge service assist you in planning your day in Portland, the ‘City of Roses.’
The Benson offers an excellent selection of amenities and services to enhance your stay:
- Complimentary morning Starbucks® coffee and tea service in the lobby
- In-house fitness center open 24/7
- Complimentary WiFi
- In-room safe
- In-room dining
- Pet amenity
- Gilchrist & Soames® premium bath products
- Premium bedding
- Breathable and biodegradable plush Benson bathrobes and slippers in every guestroom
- Gold Key Concierge Service with insights into the latest and best happenings in the Portland area
- Live Jazz music Wednesday-Saturday in the Palm Court, the longest continuously running jazz venue in Portland
- Notary services (available upon request)
Changes to our Amenity Fee: Please note that during the period that The Palm Court and El Gaucho are closed, we have made some changes to the services & amenities provided as part of our Amenity Fee. The complimentary appetizer during your stay will be replaced with a $10 food credit per day that can be used toward snacks and beverages from Simon’s Pantry located at the Front Desk. The complimentary champagne toast at El Gaucho will be replaced with a complimentary glass of beer or wine at The Benson. Additionally, The Benson is pleased to offer a Grab & Go Breakfast to kick off each morning of your stay that includes a breakfast bar, whole fruit, juice, and your choice of yogurt or cereal.
The Benson Hotel charges a guest amenity fee of $26 plus tax per room, per day. Upgraded amenities to further your Benson experience include:
- Unlimited free local & domestic long-distance phone calls
- Business center with complimentary printer access
- In-room complimentary Starbucks® coffee & tea
- Access to PressReader’s selection of 7,000+ newspapers and magazines from around the world
- Complimentary bottled water
- Upgraded WiFi speed throughout the hotel’s guest rooms and public spaces (a $14.99 value)
- $10 food credit per day that can be used for room service or Simon’s Pantry located at the Front Desk
- Complimentary glass of wine or beer every evening of your stay
- Grab & Go Breakfast to kick off each morning of your stay, including a breakfast bar, whole fruit, juice, and your choice of yogurt or cereal.
- 24 Hour Fitness® access ($10 value)
- Companion fish (available upon request)
Our Business Center is at your service 24 hours a day on the second floor of the hotel. Take advantage of complimentary high-speed Internet access, computer workstations, black and white printing, fax and copy services. The hotel is also seven blocks away from FedEx Office printing and shipping resources, making The Benson the ideal place to be ‘taking care of business’.
Executive Fitness Room
Open 24 hours a day, our Executive Fitness Room features a full range of workout equipment, including free weights, treadmills, elliptical trainers, stationary bike, and Soloflex Rockit.
The Benson Hotel concierge staff are employed specifically for their knowledge and insights into the latest and best happenings in the Portland area. Tickets, transportation and tips are where we shine. Whether you need a dinner reservation at an exclusive restaurant with soaring views, or to arrange a simple picnic in the most romantic park in the city, we have you covered. Give us a ring or come by the desk to speak with us. We are ready for you!
Dry Cleaning & Shoe Shine
We are here to help you look and feel your best. Simply call and have your laundry picked up or deliver your laundry to the Front Desk before 8:30am, Monday-Saturday. We will return your laundry to your room by 6:30pm the same day (fees apply). Overnight shoe shine service is available through our Concierge Desk on a complimentary basis. Forget something? We are within blocks of some of the area’s finest clothing stores.