conservation is important to us.
Our hotels are nestled in magnificent mountain ranges and spectacular cities, in quaint towns and coastal retreats. We want to keep those places beautiful. Our green practices help protect the environment by encouraging sustainability in a variety of ways: recycling, composting, sustainable foods, bio-degradable cleaning supplies, energy-efficient lighting, and more.
Some of Coast Hotels’ green guest amenities include:
- Helping you stay current by enjoying thousands of full-content, current-day newspapers and magazines on your tablet, laptop or smartphone during your stay with PressReader as our gift to you. No more print!
- Helping you stay fresh with botanical-based bathroom amenities. We also use large format containers to help reduce the use of plastic.
- Helping you stay charged with a growing number of EV Charging Stations. For example, the Coast Coal Harbour Hotel offers two Sun Country Highway electric vehicle stations.
Other green initiatives:
- Keycards made from 70% recycled plastic.
- A wide-ranging recycling program in individual hotels including energy-efficient lighting and appliances, and low-flow toilets and showerheads.
- Use of biodegradable cleaning supplies.
- Tissues, toilet paper, and paper towels made from 100% recycled, chlorine free EcoLogo-certified Tork® paper products. Every year this saves:
- 737 trees and about 130 cubic meters of waste from going into landfills.
- 303,333 gallons of water, equaling 30.3 Olympic size pools.
- 177,666 kilowatts of energy, enough to power 17.7 homes a year.
- Oceanwise™ certified sustainable seafood features on many of our menus.
- Forest Stewardship Council certified paper wherever possible.
- Retrofitting three Coast Hotel properties with Sempa hybrid heating systems that use proprietary technology to decrease greenhouse gas emissions from space heating and water heating.
- Celebrating our first Zero Waste property at Coast Coal Harbour Hotel in Vancouver so it doesn’t contribute waste to landfills.
In our continual effort to remain environmentally conscious, three Coast Hotel properties have been retrofitted with Sempa hybrid heating systems. These use proprietary technology to decrease greenhouse gas emissions from space heating and water heating. Additionally, the Coast Coal Harbour Hotel in Vancouver is our first Zero Waste property, so it doesn’t contribute waste to landfills.
Did you know you could hold a green meeting at Coast Hotels with eCoast Meetings? Following five core best practices, meeting planners and participants can feel good knowing they have lessened their carbon footprint. Find out more at coasthotels.com or ask your sales or catering consultant for details.