My Son's Wedding
We were very happy with our stay at the Coast Hotel. It made our special occasion go even more smoothly. The only thing that would have made it better is if you had a shuttle that would have taken us to the wedding site. The Hampton Hideaway.
Pleasant Stay in Wenatchee!
We were attending a wedding at a local venue in Wenatchee, WA. Most of the out of town guests stayed at the Coast. We found the hotel staff charming and very accommodating. Rooms were all well appointed & beds comfortable.
Groom’s parents held a Wedding Day breakfast at the hotel for all of the out of town family & friends. Breakfast buffet had a large selection & the food was very tasty. A pleasant surprise to find such a “class” hotel out in the middle of the great Northwest!
Stayed there in 2001
I haven’t been to this hotel since 2001.
But I really love this hotel. This was back for Special Olympics
State Winter Games and I was skiing at that time. I miss this hotel. This hotel
had a indoor/outdoor pool and two hot tubs. I could stay at this hotel again if I want too. This was a very nice almost luxury type hotel. I give this 5 stars and I was with a group of friends back then.
An average stay
- The hotel has a shared skyway with the convention center, so if you are in town for meetings there it is convenient.
- Very close to restaurants / bars in the area
- Amazing views if you are on the riverside of the hotel
- The bed was comfortable and once the noise rescinded, we slept well.
- The whole hotel, elevator, even the restaurant smells of chlorine from the pool. If you are sensitive to this at all, and have no other choice in hotels, I strongly urge you to get a floor as high as you can to minimize it. I was on the 8th floor and it was diminished, but still quite strong in the lobby/elevator/restaurant.
- Food in the restaurant is average, and the drinks inconsistent
- My room was not as clean as I would have liked – I’m pretty sure the corner behind the bathroom door hasn’t seen a mop in months, and there were hairs in the tub. Decided not to complain because they’d already given a non-convention block guest a terrible room placement (see below) so goodness knows what kind of rat hole I’d have gotten if I annoyed them by complaining…(an old pillow on the roof?)
- Tried polishing off the white dishwasher crust from my silverware…didn’t work. Ugh.
- Not sure what I did to deserve the special hell that was my room assignment, but I was placed in the middle of a convention “hospitality suite” floor with all of the noise that went with it. I had people outside my door talking, my room had a shared interior door with the room next door so that made it noisy, crowds of people in the hallway for hours….
I think this is the first time I’ve ever put this in a review but here it is – the room was definitely not worth the price I paid for it, given the cleanliness, smell of chlorine, and my hellish room placement. Consider going elsewhere if you are looking in Wenatchee.
September at the Coast
Great location for anything going on at the Convention Center. Only wish we had had time to eat in the top floor dining room. We understood that the food was excelent. We had tried but wanted lunch before 4 PM.