Family Relocation Trip
Stayed here with my family in a 2 bedroom suite (3 kids, 2 adults) for 4 nights. It was a good space for all of us, and very comfortable. The only issue we had was with the wifi, which was intermittent at best, and caused us some issues while trying to utilize it for work and acquiring needed information on the surrounding area and facilities.
Best of slim pickings
You can’t be picky in Yellowknife. Off what is available, this is a good choice. This is a good quality, full suite hotel that offers a continental breakfast should you not want to take advantage of the kitchen facilities. I would recommend it.
Nice quiet rooms with a view
Bed and bedding clean and comfortable but rugs and furniture need more attention on a regular basis. Rug and furniture did not appear to have been vacuumed recently. For those sensitive to dusty conditions this maybe an issue. This is common sense to vacuum every time when cleaning not just if it looks like it needs to be cleaned.
- Extremely smooth check-in. Visited six months prior on business with my wife and the gentleman at the check-in knew my wife and what she required. Super service and memory. Didn’t even have to ask.
- Large comfortable bedrooms. We had a 2 bdrm suite that was very large
- Really quiet with a great view of the lake from the 13th floor.
- Smooth check out
- Luggage carts need some tender loving care. Flat soft tires
- Rooms need more attention when cleaned, dusty. For those with allergies you may need to request your room be cleaned thoroughly when booking. But after this review I hope the management takes note and does this automatically.
- Breakfast is ho hum at best and does not accommodate for those with gluten/soy or nut allergies. Same for their dinner specials
- Wifi sucks…end of comment
In summary I would say this is one of the better choices in Yellowknife to stay.
- Tim M
The apartment style rooms were very comfortable and convenient. The continental breakfast is bare bones. The housekeeping department is understaffed and definitely having retention problems. The bed was awesome. The front desk staff were excellent! They did a great job picking up for the housekeeping department. Management needs to recognize if they have a retention problem to look to their manager…..likely is not supportive or treats workers poorly.
Don't just apologize, DO SOMETHING!
I didn’t expect (room 1201):
Sticky remote control
Dirt on carpet and couch
Long hair on the toilet floor
Hundreds of cigarette butts on the balcony
Need to have patient waiting for their staff to finish smoking before back to the reception