Not as Advertised
We saw the sign for recently renovated rooms. WE DIDN’T GET ONE OF THOSE. Holes in the ceilings and walls (wish I was exaggerating), broken furniture, etc. Our skin was crawling. I suggest making sure you get one of those advertised ‘recently renovated’ rooms. In addition, the housekeeper came to our door FIVE TIMES in the morning asking to clean our room if we were leaving. We had to report her. Really awful stay. Because we didn’t book directly with the hotel, we were not compensated in any way. The worst part is what we paid for the room, prices that reflect the great location, but not the terrible state of the facilities. Don’t let the foyer fool you!
Ideal place to stay!
I was in town for the Airborne Reunion 2018. I did not want to stay near Kingsway Ave. I thought these hotels was overpriced. The Coast is in an excellent location. Good looking indoor swimming pool and fitness center. My room on the third floor was fantastic. Very quiet!
- Alfred K
Not impressed, embarrassing.
We stayed for the Slurpee Cup 2018. I brought over 30 people to the hotel. Ice machines didn’t work, breakfast was the worst I’ve ever had. Cream and milk was only provided with half the coffee stations, no fruit, no cereal, no waffles or pancakes. Rooms weren’t cleaned properly, some people’s reservations weren’t honoured, items like towels, facecloths, condiments, coffee, hot chocolate weren’t replenished in the rooms. Over all, as team manager, I was thoroughly embarrassed. Never again.
- Kathy D
Was not happy with the staff. We booked on booking.com and have a confirmation of the price and once we checked out they gave us a different higher rate and said that is the rate. I even had confirmation on my email of price so they said u should of paid online. It was brutal. Never have I had this kind of bad service. Finally after arguing for a while she changed it to the confirmed online rate. Never go back to this hotel.
Serious safety issues with outlets in rooms
I stayed in room 215. While I was there, I reported a problem with the slow draining tub, the light above the sink burned out and there was one very serious problem which I believe is a serious fire hazard and risk to people who stay there. All (and I do mean ALL) outlets in the room with the exception of the one by the bathroom sink were lose when you plugged something in. Plugs would not stay in the wall and when attempting to plug several items in there were sparks so there is a risk of electrocution. It was to the point that I had to prop something up against the plugs for them to stay in the wall. I reported this issue to the front desk. They assured me that the manager would be in touch with me to potentially compensate me for this but they have not reached out to me. I was there for a funeral so I did not have an opportunity to pursue this more at the time. I should mention that when I booked this hotel, I did not realize that it was the same hotel I stayed at last summer with my family. I had the exact same problem with the outlets although I stayed in a different room so I feel the problem may be widespread; therefore a more serious risk. Until this problem is rectified, I dont feel this hotel is safe.