partners making a difference
We would like to thank all of our partners.
Coast Hotels is incredibly lucky to work with a roster of extraordinary partners, and we wanted to reach out to our community to share some stories of positivity during these challenging times.
Please join us in celebrating them by sending a little gratitude for all of the kind work they are doing during this crisis. You can show your support to any of our partners below, as well as any local business that you admire, by:
- Signing-up for their loyalty programs.
- Staying in contact by opting-in to receive future news, offers or deals.
- Follow them on Instagram, and like, comment or share their posts.
- Leave a Google review, or Facebook recommendation.
- Send your favourite business a note. A personal message is always appreciated.
As for Coast Hotels, we take our responsibility with COVID-19 very seriously. Travel safety and travel flexibility are our top priority. For more details on our COVID-19 response, please click here. We recognize that all over the world, healthcare workers and first responders are working hard around the clock. We want to ensure that these heroes have as many options as possible to get the rest they deserve. Learn about our Coast Cares special rate for these hardworking individuals.
Learn more about how our partners are helping during this crisis:
- Supporting local bars & restaurants by getting people together with a social media campaign #virtualhappyhour. Participants can share their virtual meeting on social media and tag a local bar or restaurant.
- Molson Canada will provide a $25 gift certificate to those who participate in this campaign, which supports the business by creating revenue and visibility on social media.
- Providing many ways for friends to keep it fun, but adding backdrops and tips.
- Employees receiving a $2/hour pay increase, in recognition of the incredible work they are doing braving the front lines.
- Is hiring workers in order to keep up with increased demands as those looking to self-isolate at home stock up on groceries.
- Among a host of grocery stores in Canada that has introduced designated shopping hours for the elderly and vulnerable populations, before all others.
- Free coffee for police officers, firefighters, paramedics, doctors, nurses, medical researchers or hospital/medical staff members.
- Donating $500,000 to US frontline responders. Half will support delivery of 50,000 care packages to healthcare workers, and half will support delivery of personal protective equipment and essential medical items.
- Offering free home delivery to customers.
- Air Canada is operating six special flights as repatriation efforts continue.
- Flights from Lima, Quito and Barcelona will bring more than 200,000 Canadians home in one week.
- More than 1,000 scheduled flights throughout March to repatriate Canadians
- Joined other businesses headquartered in Seattle to support the Seattle Foundation’s COVID-19 Response Fund. This fund has raised more than $15.7 million since it was announced March 9, 2020. Donations will be used to support organizations with deep roots in effected communities.
- Is partnering with Hawaii Emergency Physicians Associated, The Queen’s Health Systems, Kaiser Permanente Hawaii, Hawaii Permanente Medical Group, Hawai’i Pacific Health, and Diagnostic Laboratory Services to maintain and facilitate the delivery of critical medical services to communities statewide.
- Announced a new flight schedule supporting medical workers and providing vital neighbour-island connectivity and carrying critical goods and medical services statewide including isolated communities.
- Microsoft will pay all there vendor hourly service providers their regular pay, despite reduced need of services. Learn more.
- Providing technology to enable employees to work remotely without sacrificing collaboration, productivity or security.
- Providing innovations and strategies that can help keep schools, universities, educators , and students connected and engaged.
- Joined other businesses headquartered in Seattle to support the Seattle Foundation’s COVID-19 Response Fund.
- $800+ million to support small businesses and crisis response.
- Established a COVID-19 fund that enables all temporary staff and vendors around the world take paid sick leave if they have potential symptoms, or cannot go into work because they’re quarantined.
- Made their video conferencing service, Hangout Meets, available for all G-Suite customers, allowing conferencing for up to 250 participants and live streaming to up to 100,000 viewers per domain.
- Supporting restaurants with a 30-day support package directing funds back to local restaurants, including rebates on commissions from every order placed.
- Allowing customers to tip the restaurant directly, through the SkipTheDishes platform.
- Promoting & practicing health and safety guidance, set by the World Health Organization and the Government of Canada.
- Waiving delivery fees for all orders from every independent restaurant on Uber Eats.
- Committing more than 300,000 free meals on Uber Eats to healthcare workers and first responders in the US and Canada.
- Supporting their delivery people and drivers with financial assistance in the event of a COVID-19 diagnosis or exposure that prevents them from working.
- Keeping Canadians connected by offering flexible payment options, waiving fees and ensuring accounts will not be suspended or disconnected.
- Waiving long distance calling for wireless, home phone and small business customers.
- Waiving Roam Like Home and all pay-per-use roaming fees for all postpaid costumers and travelers.
- $10 million commitment to help urgently support and enhance public healthcare capacity and community response across Canada.
- Free healthcare application for Canadians via Telus Health app Babylon.
- Waiving home internet overage charges and roaming charges.
- Offering flexible payment options.
- Offering free channels on Optik TV.