conservation is important to us.
Our hotels are nestled in magnificent mountain ranges and spectacular cities, in quaint towns and coastal retreats. We want to keep those places beautiful. Our green practices help protect the environment by encouraging sustainability in a variety of ways: recycling, composting, sustainable foods, bio-degradable cleaning supplies, energy-efficient lighting, and more.
Some of our green initiatives include:
- Tissues, toilet paper, and paper towels made from 100% recycled, chlorine-free EcoLogo-certified Tork® paper products. Every year this saves:
- 774 trees and about 127 cubic meters of waste from going into landfills.
- 318,660 gallons of water, equaling 3.18 Olympic size pools.
- 186,654 kilowatts of energy, enough to power 18.6 homes a year.
- Botanical-based amenities and large format containers to help reduce the use of plastic.
- Oceanwise™ certified sustainable seafood features on many of our menus.
- FSC (Forest Stewardship Council of Canada) certified paper wherever possible.
- Keycards made from 70% recycled plastic.
- A wide-ranging recycling program in individual hotels including energy-efficient lighting and appliances, and low-flow toilets and shower heads.
- Use of bio-degradable cleaning supplies in many hotels.
In our continual effort to remain environmentally conscious, three Coast Hotel properties have been retrofitted with Sempa hybrid heating systems. These use proprietary technology to decrease greenhouse gas emissions from space heating and water heating. Additionally, the Coast Coal Harbour Hotel in Vancouver is our first Zero Waste property, so it doesn’t contribute waste to landfills.
Did you know you can make your meetings green at Coast? Learn how with eCoast Meetings.